Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Doldrums

I didn't want to go back there
But it, I guess, would not be fair
To stick to friendly Philly air
or convalesce and sit and stare
Mistakes I've made make me aware
(But I ignore them with my thumbs)
My homeworld's now in disrepair
As I'm back in The Doldrums.

A table and a wooden chair
My parents: my concessionaire
They open up my box for air
Even take me to Times Square
I call my friends, they're busy, they're
avoiding me...or just not there.
I shrug, "I don't need those dum-dums."
It's nice, pretending not to care
As I'm back in The Doldrums.

Games on Steam for cheaper fare
This is my last purchase, I swear!
My gamepad's what I've got to bear
My individual exile scare
I'll have the barber cut my hair
Or have the dentist clean my gums
I've got till school begins to spare
As I'm back in The Doldrums.

My little game of solitaire
Is what I'm stuck in, sans my chums
So I'll relax and dig Au Pairs
As I'm back in The Doldrums.

No comments:

Post a Comment