Thursday, December 9, 2010

New Noise

A burrowing ache in my fingers, my neck, and my shoulders
Is the result of indecision.

Seven years I dreamed of a stage, a gilded cage
Five years I dreamed of guitar, a rising star
And all that time, my pen never left the page.
That singular fact has led me instead to turn
To places where it’s no longer fun to think
And I expect to be paid merely for the paper’s ink.

I feel…Refused.

This music stirs my frustrations like a fondue
Which thin to chowder and finally stew
And a silence follows which preludes a bursting of steam:
CAN I SCREAM?

My predispositions are out the door,
I pound my fists, my feet stomp the floor
I grip the invisible microphone stand
Like a rattle
I’m ready for battle

I’m never felt this obsessed
I no longer feel so possessed
But liberated, a frequency
Which is mine
I’m frozen in time

Like four who were Refused themselves
So they Refused everyone else
I lack the motion to move to the new beat

The new beat of selling your thoughts
If your soul isn’t worth their time
The new beat of keeping yourself on track
To deviate is a crime

The new beat of anger, the new beat of loss
The new beat of false opportunity
The new beat of destroying yourself
The new beat of destroying unity

The new beat will remove you from yourself
It consciously tries to blank you

The new beat!
The new beat!
The new beat!

Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment